Election Issues That Matter
Last month, we launched a survey to ask all BCGEU members about their top election issues and followed-up to drill down on BCGEU members’ specific priorities.
Thank you for helping set our union’s priorities!
I’m also excited to share the full survey results with you.
There were five issue-specific surveys, one for each of the five issues that BCGEU members have identified as determining how they will vote in this election. Members were invited to take only one survey, based on what they had identified as their vote-determining issue. The five issues, and their most important sub-issues, are:
- Affordability: the housing crisis and fees (e.g. BC Hydro and ICBC)
- Government Accountability: freedom of information and government accountability
- Healthcare: seniors’ care, the lack of family doctors and surgical wait times
- Poverty and Homelessness: mental health, addictions and the fentanyl crisis
- Environment: clean energy and environmental deregulation
I encourage you to share the results of this final survey with your friends and family and let them know what matters to you.
Today and Saturday are your last chance to avoid the lines and vote early; advance polls are open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. If you aren’t sure where your advance poll is, Elections BC has a map of all voting locations near you.
Thanks again for being involved in setting our shared priorities. Let’s make sure our voices are heard by casting our ballots, either at the advance polls or on May 9th.